A long while back I received a Liebster Blog award from Shannon. Thank you so much Shannon!!
Unfortunately, I am not going to complete tasks 2 and 3. I know........ I suck!!!
Facts about me:
1. I won a dance contest!
I happened to be at JellyStone Campground and I happened to be 5 years old.
Shake shake shake by KC and the Sunshine band is the song that I got down with my bad self....... My prize: KC and the Sunshine band 45 album. Gotta love Disco!!
2. Pet Peeve: Internet security.
I strongly dislike having to "Prove (that) I am not a robot" in order to leave you a comment. I can barely read half the crap they put up there. I try to guestimate as best I can. After 2 tries I give up. So, If you have a blog, and make me prove that I am not a robot, you probably haven't received comments from me....... it's not that I haven't tried!
3. I absolutely love my head massager and I am not afraid to admit it!!
Don't knock it till you try it.
4. I have recently been converting from running Skorts to running Shorts. Whooda thunk?!
Lululemon has lots of shorts that make your butt look good (photo taken from Lululemon's website).
5. I recently turned 40 and am excited that I am officially in the 40- 44 or 40-49 age category for racing.
6. This photograph haunts me. It's incomprehensible......... No living being on this planet should be without food. I am sorry that this is so depressing. Unfortunately, life has some harsh realities.
7. I am back to work after almost 3 years off....... I am learning all about Managed Services and the IT world. It's pretty exciting! I really like having a routine. When I had all the time in the world I tended to be a lot less motivated..... maybe that's why my running/ exercising has felt like a chore over the past couple years?!
8. I am trying to move forward after the loss of my Sadie Bug. It's a slow process..... one day at a time.
9. I have decided to race in a 100 miler this coming September. Because of the close proximity to the North Country run, I won't be able to redeem myself at the Hallucination 100 Miler (Hallucination is 2 weeks after the North Country 50 miler...... I've already paid for North Country).
My new 100 miler is being held On September 28th, 2013 at the Great Seal State Park in Chillicothe, Ohio, USA
|Looks like a fun race!
10. Over the past several months I have been trying out new hobbies....... I have canned pickles and spicy beans, I have started knitting (using a loom)..... mostly scarves, and painting.
I found the pickles to be really salty. The beans are pretty good but a tad on the salty side also. I will try different recipes next year.
I love making scarves. I like to be in some sort of constant motion........ I can sit through a whole movie now if I am knitting!
I like painting because it allows me to be creative. I am not very good at it, but who knows what I could do with some practice?!
11. I have finally been able to forget the excruciating pain that accompanied my last tattoo. I am planning/ constructing a new tattoo piece. I hope to get everything sorted out and completed by the end of 2013.