Ran a 26 miler on Wednesday at Fanshawe Conservation Area. Shoulder and back still sore but manageable..... left knee hurting (possibly from fall?).
The weather was fantastic. There was almost no humidity and a nice breeze.
Everything felt so fresh.
I didn't mind navigating through the roots (as much).
I stopped to appreciate the views.
I really had to be careful not to squash the snails......... there were a lot.
Review of Fanshawe Conservation Area Camp Ground:
- Lots of wildlife ie) groundhogs, snakes, moles, caterpillars, chipmunks, spiders, snails, and butterflies.
- Most sites were not very private.
- Fantastic Trails.
- Has a take out restaurant on site (good fries).
- Showers were gross. It was bad enough that I had to run through spider webs all morning...... I got to shower with the spiders in the afternoon.
- The camp is located below a jet flight path.... noisy.
- Very friendly, helpful staff.
- Smelly 'dumping station'.
Who knows, the showers may be spa-like compared to other camp grounds......... I'm still new at this.
What good or bad experiences have you had at camp grounds?