This post was inspired by an email I sent to a girlfriend.
- Our Airstream is too small for the 3 of us. A day doesn't go by where I don't crack my head off a cupboard or smash my elbow against the wall while trying to dress.
- Trailer parks aren't as dumpy and ghetto as I thought (although there have been a couple that exceeded that expectation). I prefer State Parks to trailer parks.
- You can only spend so much time in the US before you have to start paying US taxes. Unfortunately, we have to cut or trip short because of that.
- I miss my bed.
- There are US counties that do not sell or serve alcohol. WTF?
- Going south doesn't necessarily mean avoiding freezing temperatures. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any winter day I can walk outside without 12 layers of clothes on.
- I miss my shoes...... and boots.... and sandals.... and heels.
- There are US counties where you can pick up a 6 pack of beer to go....... from a bar. Guess you need a little something for the ride home?! WTF?
- Peach Moonshine that was made by someone's great, great granddad can Knock You On Your Ass.......
- I am enamoured with the Georgia accent; I found myself wanting to say "Ya'll" and "Yes Ma'am" while we were there.
- 'Texans' are as friendly as Canadians and I love it here. If no one objects, I am making myself an honorary Texan.
- Pennsylvania is a beautiful state. I have never seen so many trees and rolling hills.
- I have confirmed my opinion that most people are good, that most people want to smile and say 'hello', and most people want to connect with others.
- I am afraid to try the moonshine cherries I bought at a rally in Hiawassee.
- Never thought I would get excited to shower in a park facility (the shower in the Airstream is pitifully small). Hell has frozen over.
- Learned about my love of jellyfish and the Gulf of Mexico...... never realized how much I could love the beach. I love that it is constantly changing and evolving. There is always something new to see or experience.
-People can exist without ego. Andrew and I have found that we get along very well with people who are much older than we are because of this fact (Don't get me wrong, there are people of all ages who still act like they are children). I want to surround myself with genuine people.
- I miss my clothes.
- I know how fortunate I am to be on this journey. I am humbled every day. I try not to take things for granted. I am not perfect by any means...... I can be petty, stubborn and childish. I can say for certain that I have far too much attachment to 'my possessions' but I do make a conscious effort to better myself and grow as a person.
Life is SHORT......
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's your last day on earth.”
Gotta live life to the fullest.